Cyberjaya is quickly turning into a major destination for travelers going to Malaysia. Aspiring to be the country’s own version of Silicon Valley, the town is now home to a vibrant community of technology companies, education facilities, and residential areas. It’s not a surprise then, that it’s mostly populated by people working in the technology industry. Whether you are visiting the town for business or for pleasure, you’re in for a lot of surprises. To help you get the most out of your visit, do take note of the following tips on what to do and see there:
1) Have fun at the Cyberjaya Lake Gardens. Covering an area of nearly two square kilometers, this recreational space has everything you need for a fun-filled day. It has a lookout tower, a boardwalk, a playground for children, a dining area, and courts for sports like basketball, tennis, and football. It also has a gym if you feel the urge to sweat it out during an intense workout.
2) Relax at the Sembunyi Spa. This is not your regular run-of-the-mill spa. The wellness treatments that they offer are inspired by Sino and Indo-Malay culture and traditions. The establishment has a Jacuzzi, a sauna, a steam chamber, and a cold-plunge pool. You will come out of the place fresh and reinvigorated.
3) Tour the campuses of universities within Cyberjaya. This will include Multimedia University, University Malaysia of Computer Science and Engineering, and Limkokwing University of Creative Technology. In touring these universities, you will develop an appreciation toward the Malaysian government’s ambition of turning the place into a world-class innovation hub in information technology.
4) Enjoy kart racing at Raycer Powerhouse. Located just beside the Kelab Komuniti, this establishment offers up to 40 minutes of unlimited laps for just RM60. If it’s your first time driving a kart, the company has a training academy where you can learn how to drive in a short period of time.
5) Pamper yourself at a Tune Hotel. This establishment offers five-star amenities and services at very affordable rates. If you want to book a budget hotel in Cyberjaya, this should be one of your top options. It’s quite close to famous attractions like the Cyberjaya Lake Gardens, the Palace of Justice, and the Putra Bridge.
Traveling to Cyberjaya is truly a good idea especially if you are passionate about technology and related industries. And of course, as the list above shows, there’s no shortage of exciting things that you can do in the region.