It’s a well-established fact that the state of Penang in Malaysia remains as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region. Thousands of local and foreign travelers flock to the area every month. This isn’t surprising since Penang is a hotbed of beaches, heritage sites, parks, gardens, and vibrant urban sprawls. And if you want to simply relax and unwind, just drop by a nearby Penang resort. There are several resorts that line the coasts of the state.
One well-known attribute of Penang is its unique music and colorful nightlife. A visit to the region won’t be complete without checking out what’s happening around town. If you are unsure where to start, below are a few suggestions:
1) Dance the night away at the Soju Club – If you like partying to dance music, this is a place you should definitely visit. The club is often the venue of musical events that entertain attendees until the wee hours of the morning.
2) Attend the Penang Island Jazz Festival – If you happen to be in the region during the first week of December, this jazz festival is an event you should attend. It runs for several days and it features both local and international artists.
3) Chill to soothing music at the Canteen in Chinahouse – If dining and listening to good music are things you enjoy, the Canteen is a place where you can find loads of them. A good time to visit the area would be on weekends because there are usually live music being played. You can even jam and sing with the artists if you want.
4) Go nightclub-hopping along Upper Penang Road. This famous stretch of road is lined by glitzy bars and clubs where you can drink, dine, dance, and listen to all sorts of music.
5) Drink while being surrounded by gorgeous sceneries in one of the city’s rooftop bars. Among the most well-known rooftop bars in the city are The Press Rooftop Bar and Three Sixty Revolving Restaurant & Sky Bar.
In a nutshell, Penang has a lot to offer when it comes to music and nightlife. There’s something for everyone. And if you want to simply unwind, there’s always a Penang resort nearby with world-class amenities and ambiance.